Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Monday's Guilty Pleasures

Yes, I realize it's been a month. And yes, I'm sorry to have kept you waiting. And if I had time I'd worry about it. But I don't, so you all can just deal with it yourselves, mmkay??? Moving on...

This post will mainly focus on CSI: Miami and the Bachelor from last night, but I just wanted to run down a couple little things first. To start with, Studio 60 is my new favorite show. I don't know quite why, but I love it. And last night's episode was probably their greatest yet. The old guy made me cry. I know it's pitiful, but he did. Sadly, my tape did not work, but that led me to realize that full episodes are available online, so you no longer have any excuse for not watching. So there. Second, The Class is really hitting it's stride, but they need to tone down the laugh track just a little bit. In the age of Arrested Development, it can get a little bit annoying. And finally, can someone please tell me what's up with Jack and Ann's baby on Without a Trace??? Is she still preggers? Are they still together? I'm so confused!!!

Okay, but main theme today is guilty pleasures, of which I watched many yesterday while eating coconut chocolate chip cookies out of a Hefty Zip-Loc bag (You know those huge ones that show moms on commercials like packing all their kids clothes for camp or something and they stay completely dry? Yeah, well, the children in our family have never really liked sleeping outdoors, playing games, or indeed other children, so we fill ours with cookies.). They were good.

As was the main view of the evening, the too-good-to-not-write-about CSI: Miami. Some woman ended up dead by a golf club that's of course owned by the bitter ex-husband who is, by default, completely innocent. But that's not the important part. She was into this crazy voodoo Catholic shit that involved goat's heads and teeny coffins.

Two things.

1.) I'm sorry Delko, but that stuff is not Catholocism. Although you may be confused, as you seem to think we embrace having sex with strangers when work gets tough, too.
2.) Tell me, where does one get a severed goat's head in Miami (or any city for that matter)???

Delko totally buys into it, and pretty much refuses to have anything to do with the case. Ryan is all, "Pssh. Whatev. There is no curse," until a "dead" body wakes up in the morgue and he screams and runs like a little girl. No, really. He's hopping over stuff and knocking other stuff over. It was freaking hilarious. Then he goes pretty much batshit crazy and automatically accepts everything that comes with the curse.

Oh, and he and Delko have to go invetstigate a graveyard. At night. Alone. With the fog. And they don't want to use their flashlights, for no reason other than it would make way too much sense. And then they find a dead body. Which, of course, has been hatcheted to death. They almost wet their pants. Hehe.

Best part though had absolutely nothing to do with any other storyline except a one-sentence thing about revenge. They discover there's a bomb in a car. Oh no!! And they only have four minutes to difuse it! Well, clearly this will not work, and Horatio must take matters into his own hands!!!

He miraculously drives ot the middle of nowhere (in Miami? In four mintues?) and then saunters (no, really, he saunters!!! I'd be tripping over my own feet trying to get away from there, but he even does the sunglasses thing) away from the car, which immediately explodes in this absolutely massive fireball that should have incinerated him, but doesn't because even fire fears H. And then he goes...

...
...
...

wait for it...

...
...
...

"Burn baby burn."

*dies laughing*

That, quite possibly, made my month.

Final guilty no-I'm-not-watching-that-why-what-have-you-heard??? show was The Bachelor: Rome, which turned out to be not so much a guilty pleasure as a guilty boring hour of self-absorbed not terribly interesting Paris Hilton clones. The only funny part is you get the feeling that they all think they're going to be real princesses. But it made me want to clean my room, which a good TV show should never do.

3 comments:

CMT said...

I love H. I want to have his children.

Actually, no. That is not in keeping with Catholicism.

Which you misspelled, btw, and which Delko clearly needs a crash course in. I've been a dyed-in-the-wool Papist my whole life and I aint never heard of something like this Santeria shit.

rockford said...

Thanks for the post - you always save me the trouble of actually having to watch the shows - this one does NOT sound like my type but I would have loved to have seen the sunglasses and the burn, baby burn line - too funny!!!! Thanks again!!!

CMT said...

U
P
D
A
T
E
!