Friday, September 08, 2006

House, Spy Daddy, and a Big Lez...

...oh the week it has been!!! I'm sure Bones was interesting too, but unfortunately higher education called and I haven't been able to watch the tape yet. However, I am practically out of breath just thinking about the television-related shenanigans (I'm thinking that's not spelled correctly...) that have gone on since Tuesday. Yes, it has been a good week, children, a very good week.

(Meanwhile, ten days until the earliest CSI premieres!!! WHOO!!!!)

Rosie on The View~

Okay, I've been thrilled by this from day one. I never wavered. I've been waiting. For a bunch of reasons. First, when she's not rubbing her much-ballyhooed sexuality in our faces, I love Rosie. She's freakin' hilarious. Second, Barbara Walters has this vision of The View being an empowering women's newsmagazine, and it's totally not, and Rosie totally knows it and will refuse to treat it as such. And finally, I wanted to see how the rest of the girls would deal with her.

And I was surprised! I never really thought she'd end up in a throw-down with Elisabeth, because 1.) Rosie is way more powerful that That Girl Who Was on Survivor and Has a Show on Style Network, and 2.) Elisabeth knows it. But I did not see the totally awkward and painful interactions with Joy coming.

Of course, it all makes sense. Joy was the funny, brash, loud, and liberal one before. Rosie's funnier. Rosie's brasher. Rosie's louder (girl's got lungs!). And, perhaps most importantly, Rosie's a friggen' lesbian. You cannot *get* more liberal than actually being gay yourself. And you can totally tell that Joy is not amused by now having absolutely no function in this show at all anymore.

I love it. *evil grin* I'm taping every morning, just so I don't miss a single minute of the craziness!!!

House~

GAH!!!!!!!! IT'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've waited so long!!!!!!!!! Except I don't like happy House as well. Which is good, because sad, Vicodin-riddled House is coming back soon, as we closed with him writing himself a prescription. Oh, honey, no! You don't need it! *sigh*

And he asked Cameron out. *shivers*

The Unbelievably Ironic Moment of the Night? When Wilson was lecturing House on using people or telling the truth or something. This from the man who could write The Busy Oncologist's Guide to Extramarital Affairs (Chapter 1: Do it with the patients! Saves time!).

Can't wait till next week. Have to work. *pout*

Justice~

Very few shows will make me miss and episode of CSI:NY, even a rerun. But this one will, because it was just that awesome.

The extra-stupid girl from Mean Girls (the "There's a thirty percent chance it's already raining", or "cousins. Then first cousins...") is accused of killing her...well...the guy she was sleeping with. I can't think of anything else to call it. He wasn't really paying her, they certainly weren't going out, and he was married. Anyway, he's dead. And she kinda admits to it, but says it was self defense, which I'm totally thinking it wasn't.

Except that it *was*!!! I wanted her to be guilty. I don't know why. I can't wait until they get off a murderer so you can get those chills like in Boston Legal when Lori helped get off this guy who totally killed this other guy. I love this show.

Except I will never, ever be able to get the mental image of Spy Daddy and Not-Nancy-Grace together out of my mind. *shivers*

2 comments:

CMT said...

The term is Sugar Daddy. He was her Sugar Daddy. And she killed him and ripped him off.

But in self-defense.

And zomg, Rosie on The View is like a great big early Christmas present.

Happy House = not as interesting.
House asking Cameron out = weird.

I kind of want Cameron off the show. She's irritatingly good in a hypocritical way.

Anonymous said...

Could you do one on Lost. Thats my favorite show!