Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Monday's new shows!!! Whee!!!!

Oh so happy. Finally new shows. *is dead with happiness* Just a quick rundown, because there will be more stuff tomorrow (Boston Legal----GAH!!!!!!!!), and I don't want to get a back-log of random shows. And I know you all need to know what to to watch next week, and I wouldn't want to let you down.

The Class~

Okay, I think this might actually be funny. It started off a little bit rocky, but it finished strong. I actually found the part about the guy who was about to kill himself and then wrote down the party hilarious. My sister was mortified, just horrified that they would do something like that, but I was laughing into my chili. I dont' know what that says about me, but I liked it.

The emo girl has been done before, as has the fabulously successful woman married to the gay guy (not that I mind, I love my gays), but that sister was original. Her "happy people" speech??? I'm still laughing about the "I'd kill to find a little note in my diaphragm case!!!" line. Hehehe.

Definately will watch again. You should too.

How I Met Your Mother~

Did not disappoint. I, of course, wanted last season's closer to be a bad dream and have Lily and Marshall wake up and be happy together, but it was not to be. Sad. Anyways, they did it very well, because you felt like the group wasn't broken up (which is hard to do when you lose a cast member), but they also weren't completely bashing Lily.

The ending gave me very conflicted feelings, though, because I was thrilled that Marshall was happy again, and moving on, but in that second when Lily was back at the door I really, REALLY wanted her to go in. *sigh* Why do CBS writers NEVER LISTEN TO ME!?!?!?! Gah.

I'd also like to point out just how inappropriate all these stories are that this guy is telling to his children. Ick.

Two and a Half Men~

Well. Charlie slept with an inordinate amount of women. Alan got dumped and ended up whining at Charlie's house. The maid whined about having to clean up random panties. The kid got in a couple of one-liners (Not my first divorce---hehehe). So pretty much the same as the last two years.

Which is not, as it might sound, a bad thing. Sometimes the best thing comedies can do is just be funny. And this totally was. So happy it's back.

New Adventures of Old Christine~

I am not Julia Louis-Dreyfuss's biggest fan. But I LOVE this show. I think they should give the brother an Emmy just because.

It was quite funny, especially the thing with the teacher (those video cameras??? I'm still laughing), who, incidentally, we saw perform the Christmas story at Disney World a couple of years ago. I do think they need to bring back New Christine, because they kind of lost something when they didn't have that anymore. So she should come back. But other than that, very solid.

CSI: Miami~

*hums the theme song in head* Oh, it was good. And very complicated, so we'll just footnote it. H and Delko are in Brazil, they stick Riaz like a pig, and rush to newly widowed (whee!!!) Yelena and Ray Jr.'s rescue.And Natalia screwed up majorly, not inciting any sympathy on my part, but rather I rejoiced in her mix-ups, because I. Don't. Like. Her. Grrr.

Anyhoodles, I am definately emotionally invovled in this season. Yayness!!!!

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip---

Okay, honestly, I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but I definately liked what I saw. I will be finishing it tonight, even if I'm late for work. I don't care. This is clearly more important.

I really, really enjoyed it!! I love the characters, I love the writing, and I really love that they are totally ripping off SNL. HAHAHAHAHAHA. Love it.

No comments: