Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Commander In Chief

Week one of House-deprevation. Not doing well. Managed to survive. Still hate baseball's guts. Moving on...

CSI: Miami kind of sucked this week, essentially ripping off the Natalee Holloway case. Which I thought was in poor taste, even for the CSIs... And I can't parody a dead student story. That's just wrong. So we're gonna wait until next week for this one, okay???

I started watching Just Legal on Monday nights as well...now, please, don't let the fact that it's on the WB dissuade you from watching it. It is a real show, and it's on Mondays at 8 central. And, even though he's put on like a hundred pounds, Don Johnson still looks good. That said, it's a really interesting show! I'm even going to stop watching Two and a Half Men for it!! And, as it averages only three million viewers per week (that's like a tenth of the seasons big shows, just so you know...), we need to start watching this!!! And Arrested Development, dammit!!! If Charlize Theron is on there and you people still won't watch, there's not much I can do, now, is there??? Ahem, sorry, got off track there for a minute. Seriously, folks, the buzz going around is that it's going to be canceled, like Head Cases, after a couple of episodes. Which would suck. So please start watching. I'm begging now. And Arrested Development. That's Mondays at 7.

ANyhoodles, on to the title of the post...with the abscense of House last night, I had an opportunity to watch te ABC show Commander in Chief. Surprisingly, it was quite good. And I'm not one of those "Get a woman in here and the coutnry will be saved" people, so this is quite a stretch for me. But I can see why they picked Geena Davis to play the role. She's gigantic, and imposing, but she's got a huge mouth, which people seem to find comforting (one critic said he looked forward with anticipation to the Jolie administration...). Seriously, think of any woman with a big mouth. Do you like her??? I'll bet you do. I could totally see Blair or Putin being like "Okay, fine, we'll do whatever you want...just don't hurt us, please."

Anyhoodles, she's an independent. Well, isn't that non-partisen for you. Except that all the bad guys are repulicans. Huh. Wonder how that happened??? :p

I mean, the episode was kind of stupid. Makenzie's daughter lost her diary in the move into the White House. Ooooh, and it's got stuff about mom in it. Bummer, huh? But all is well, as the little one (who was so important I forgot her name) simply got it by mistake and proceeded to read the whole thing. Huh. So Makenzie has to be both mom and president and tell the little girl that the diary was Rebecca's private journal, and she shouldn't read it. Awwww....

So yeah, a pretty good series, although her thoughtless "I'm so perfect that I'm practically forcing this guy who hates my guts to be the vice president simply because I think it would be best for the country" is kind of annoying. Except I almost felt patriotic when she went "Tell him his commander-in-chief is calling." Almost. I'll probably watch it for the next couple weeks until House comes back on and then reevaluate it. But people should definately watch...

And then Boston Legal was on, but I didn't really watch it because I was too busy drinking most of my father's drink. Because whenever you have a choice between a manhatten or a tv show, guess what's gonna win???

BTW, I'm not sure I'll have stuff up about the rest of the week's viewing, as I have an incredibly busy weekend coming up. Maybe, because one of my classes is cancelled on Friday, so I'll have an extra hour. But don't count on it. I'll try to get a CSI: NY thing up at some point, though. EVERYBODY MUST WATCH TONIGHT---SOMEBODY'S LEAVING THE SHOW. If it's Flack, we should all send hate letters to CBS, ok???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love Just Legal....I would give up most shows to watch Don Johnson.....I think only Law and Order or CSI would stand a chance in my book against ole Don!!! :)