Thursday, May 04, 2006

Lost and CSI:NY- OMGWTF!?!?!?!?

Author's Note: Hi! This is Kathleen's Inner Pop-Culture Whore doing this entry. First, Kathleen herself is still to floored by last night's viewing to do much more than make barely audible squeaking noises. Second, she is currently occupied in business law and I am unbearably bored with the formation of corporations. As you know, I subsist on juiciness and scandal, and there is considerable lack of either of those here. I am bommed and hungry. Moving on to the real entry.

Lost:

Last week, the more intelligent part of me made a reference to Hamlet. I think she may have been psychic, becuase by the end of this episdoe, there as a pile of bodies littering the stage like nobody's business. We open with NotHenry strangeling Ana Lucia. Immediately, I am torn. I've wanted her dead for so long I'm tempted to cheer. But at the same time I really don't like NotHenry. But I"m still slightly ticked off when Locke beats NotHenry over the head with his cane. I'm such a bitch.

Tonight's well-choreographed flashbacks belong to Ana Lucia, who apparently killed the guy who shot her, quit the PD and went to Sydney with Jack's dad (!!!) as "protection" but really looks more like a hopeful botty call. Whatever, I'm disgusted already.

Three other things go on tongiht- Michales back with news of The Others, Hurley is planning a picnic, and Ana Lucia's a whore. But we knew that one already.

The second one is also kind of easy to dispense with . Hurley is taking Libby on a picnic. Sayid offered a beach with a hut on it. Hmmm. A hairy Iraqi and a Dead Girl's love hut. Not thanks, pal. Even though I am an Inner Pop-Culture Whore, I do not wish to see Hurley doing a From Here to Eternity. *shivers*

Michael's news of The Others is more enticing and less nausea inducing. They have a Hatch!!! OMG NO!!!! They know the Numbers and they have a Hatch!!!! And they're weak with two guns. And presumably less attractive. So Michael convinces Jack that they can get gtogether and unbelievably pretty army and kick their asses. Jack and Kate thins this isa good idea, and they go get the guns back from Sawyer.

Meanwhile, Ana Lucia has the same idea (for different reasons) but decides to go aobut it differenty- by sleeping with him. OMG. You are SO NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Jack could never love you now!!! WHORE!!! (Look who's talking...) Oh snap. As somewhat of an afterthought, she gets the gun.

The last five minutes are the best, though. Slowly, it is dawning on me that Ana Lucia is back in the Hatch with NotHenry who tried to kill her. Flashbacks already told us that she likes to kill people who tried to kill her. But in a flash of mercy or fear, she can't do it, and Michael, who is recouperating in the Hatch, finds her staring sullenly at the gun. He then offers to do it for her, and I'm very concerned about Michael turning into a killer. And then he goes, "I'm sorry..." shoots her. KILLS HER!!!!!!!!!! There's blood!!! Libby hears this and runs in and Michael shoots her too. I'm less convinced that she's actually dead, because there was no blood and she still has backstory to clear up. Plus, on the trailer for next week Jack says, "She's dead", not "They're dead." And then he lets NotHenry out and shoots himself in the arm.

Oh my gosh. I can't even think. My whole brain just went numb again. I've been shipping Ana Lucia/Dangerous Weapon for so long I can't even comprehend it. See, ladies, this is what happens when you drink and drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Copyright: Imladris) BTW, we couldn't even get on the message boards right after the show because too many people were trying to access it. Oh snap!!!!

CSI:NY-

Okay, so this has less to do with the actual episode and more to do with the preview for next week, but still. A polygamist who is into lots and lots of really interesting things is dead and the two wives both kind of look guilty. And one of them is. In a not-so-coincidental storyline, one of the wives killed her boyfriend a couple of years ago in self-defense, which leads to countless flashbacks to last week and a couple of insensitive (okay, a lot) comments from Mac.

Mac, what the hell??? I love you to death, but you have got to be warmer and nicer. I mean, you finally hugged Danny a couple weeks ago, but he was already sobbing. And then you let Stella go back to her apartment alone last week. Just because you are a cold Marine who hasn't been able to open up since Osama killed your wife doesn't mean that you can be cold and insensitive to the future mother of your children who is GOING THROUGH A VERY HARD TIME RIGHT NOW!!!!! Ugh.

But the preview was the important part that almost killed me after Lost. There was a rumor going around the boards that this would happen, but I wasn't sure if it was true or not. Obviously so. Aiden is found burned to death in a car. OMGWTFNO!!!!!!!!!!! AIDEN???? I'm still reeling from Ana Lucia who I didn't even like!!!!! Why did they have to kill her??? Oh, and this is just going to screw up the CSI's. Mac's going to have tons of guilt because he couldn't catch that rapist guy, Danny's going to fall back in love with the idea of her, leaving Montana out in the cold, and Stella is therefore going to have to deal with things on her own.

Well, this Inner Pop-Culture Whore is tired, and this update is officially over. Read my one from yesterday, though, in case you haven't already.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok...I don't really have tooooooo much to say other than I hope you survive the viewing during the month of May......:):):)...since I don't watch Lost...that part of the blog was just "lost" on me:):)....since I will be watching CSI-NY on tape after I pick it up on Friday.....I didn't read that part of the blog.....I am sure I will have some good comments for you later....keep up the good work on the blogs.....oh yeah..and in school:):):)

rockford said...

How do you even have time for school and I would think after the distraction on Lost the night before.....anyway, great blog entry- I did not know how you would even be able to begin the Lost summary, like I said, the last 30 seconds of the show was enough to take a day of blogging...wait 'til next week but I bet you are right about only one being dead...you are such a viewer the you caught that "she's" rather than "their" remark in the preview - I'm sure that is on the boards now too - do people agree with you??? Thanks for the entry - always entertaining!!!!

CMT said...

First off, thank you for crediting my drunk driving joke. It pleases me.

Secondly, I would like to announce that, after a brief period of sympathy and despair triggered presumably by utter shock and awe, I am now glad that Ana Lucia is gone. Because if Boone, who was awesome, and Shannon, who was not awesome but was lots of fun to watch being stupid, have to leave, so does that bitch.

And you're kind of right about Libby...they never said "They" were dead. So hmmm. I would be fine with Libby staying, as she seems sweet enough and Hurley has finally found someone to love him. Also I MUST find out why she was in the psyche ward omg I shall die unhappily if I don't.

Interesting theory: Matt and I were grappling with the hows and the whys of Michael's sudden bloodlust and he thought that maybe it was because the Others promised him Walt in exchange for what he did (killing Ana/spying on the losties/letting NotHenry go, whatever). If so, I would be both happy and sad; happy because Michael would not be a crazy brainwashed psycho but sad because, well, the Others really don't keep their promises.

*sigh* Is it Wednesday yet?

Anonymous said...

Wow....I got to watch CSI-NY last night and you are correct...as good as the show was.....the preview is not to be believed....leave it to Jerry B to get realllllly creative at the send of a season.....realllllllly gooooooood episode....!!!:):):)