Thursday, February 23, 2006

CSI:NY- Innocent Dolls and Sordid Secrets

Is there anything as creepy as a doll??? I don't think so. Really. Think of something really freaky. Ten bucks its a clown or a doll. Even though I was an avid doll fan (I had Baby Alive, and I was just amazed by the fact that she wet herself. I was an easy to please child...) when I was little, I kind of shrieked a little when I first saw the commercial for this episode.

Basically, there's a dead guy, who is a little bit too into his job as a doll "doctor". Like he makes his assistant/secretary dress up like a nurse.

(I'd just like to applaud CSI right here for not turning this into a bondage/fantasy/something else weird substory like I would have expected. Frankly, I was surprised. And a little relieved.)

Anyway, I'm confused because I'm trying to figure out how this guy died. He's obviously dead, but the only thing I can see is that his finger is cut. Which, I guess when you cut the radial artery in the finger, that'll do it. But it took me awhile to figure out. But the main thing is that Dead Guy is clutching a doll in his hand. I'm still confused about this- it seems like the scientific analysis is that it was a post-mortem muscle spasm, but then everybody was talking about how he was just holding on tight.

Oh, and I'd just like to beg the writers to give Mac something better to say before the song. "Something about this little doll was worth dying for"???? Come on. That doesn't really even mean anything. If it were a real crime scene, they'd assume that Dead Guy was using the little doll to beat off the attacker with. Sheesh.

But we're not done with the doll- oh no. After tearing her apart to make sure she wasn't a drug mule (because six-year-old girls traffic in coke a whole lot) Lindsay in her infinate country-girl wisdom finds out that Sophie has a secret. And, being CSI, you know it's gonna be sordid.

And it is.

We know this, because they keep replaying it, over and over and over again. It's like the writers got pissed off at censors and were like, "This is the only sex thing you'll let us have? Okay, we're going to put it in here like twenty times for absolutely no reason!!!!" So Mac and Lindsay listen to this thing, and then Mac goes, "It sounds like she found someone in a compromising position."

No way. What would we do without him? See, this is why he has the corner office.

So they trace the doll back to a woman who looks like Amy Poehler, and her adorable and yet slightly creepy daughter. Whom Lindsay almost beat up when she refused to tell her what the message that the doll help meant.

Anyhoodles, they wrap this up pretty well with Amy Poehler sleeping with a student, and all the adult CSIs look righeously outraged, even Lindsay who looks like she graduated from high school last spring.

The other story line was pretty boring. Stella and Hawkes were investigating the death of a young woman with cancer who was being poisoned. Talk about your bad day, huh??? Turns out the neighbor killed her so he could get his hands on her apartment and build a nursery. Yeah, that totally makes sense. I really want a car, so I think I'm going to kill the next person who drives down my road and take it. Really, they need some new motives on this show....

Next weeks it new, so we're thrilled to death about that. Look for another Olympic thing later tonight or tomorrow- I want to do a figure skating thing. If you want to know who won, check out NBC's Olympic site. Total spoilers, though. Be warned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw CSI and could not have written a better blog myself....once again you just hit every detail....even though I saw the show I still enjoyed reading your take on it!!!!!! I thought the other neighbor was guilty...I didn't see the Dad to be coming at all!!!!! Great show...go Jerry B:):):)