Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Crapload of Shows, Part 2

I believe that is the correct unit of shows, right? :)

Yeah, there's just been too much good stuff on lately to pass up. Althoug more than one person needs to comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody tells me how much they like it, but then they DON'T COMMENT!! At least anonymous is dedicated...

Anyhoodles, here's all the stuff I've been watching in the order that I remembered it...I'm so scientific...

Dancing With the Stars~

Oh, the joy. Stacy with the legs up to here didn't win. In fact, she came in third! Behind the football player guy who seems to be famous but I've never heard of! See, women do not appreciate that!!!! And we like Drew Lachey---the Lachey family needs something now, I guess. Although if I was his massively pregnant wife sitting on the sideline watching him grind on that stick insect, well, let's just say that they would never find her body. Or maybe just teeny, tiny pieces of it. Teeny. Tiny.

Olympic Closing Ceremony~

Oh, the sadness. The Olympics are over. I realized that I'll be graduating from college the next time the winter games are on. And then I started to get freaked out. A lot.

The closing ceremony was pretty artsy and weird and I totally didn't get that whole ice fishing thing. And Ricky Martin??? What??? I mean, Andrea Bocelli was awesome, and I could kind of see where they were going with Avril Lavigne with her being Canadian and all, but Ricky Martin??? That's so not right. Neither were the fishnets the backup dancers were wearing. A prostitute somewhere is going, "Oh, that's tacky..."

And I thought they said that the mayor of Vancouver was a quadropalegic??? When he moved his arms it go significantly less interesting...

Grey's Anatomy~

Oh, the promiscuity. Anybody else really hate Meredith Grey??? Anybody??? Especially after she broke George's heart and then started hanging out with McDreamy again??? Who has just reconciled with his wife, who is now stricken with poison oak where no woman wants to have poison oak...

Anyhoodles, this week on The Brilliant and the Horny, George does voice-over duties for Meredith, who is presumably off being moody and strange. (Ellen Pompeo is also, by the way, the worst cryer ever. Seriously.) Alex and Izzy are being all weird and self absorbed and I'm not entirely sure what happened to Cristina because she's apparently stopped being a focal point and is now just shacking up with her boss. Which is okay in her case, but clearly not in Merediths??? I'm very confused.

And somebody seriously needs to give Chandra Wilson a Golden Globe or Emmy or something. That woman is so funny. The scenes with her and Addison in the exam room were absolutely hilarious. I'm so back into this show.

Cold Case~

Oh, the procedural crime drama. Now, I'm sure that this is a fine show, and I'll probably watch again, but this week's was about a lonely thirty-year-old who lives with her mom and likes to read instead of going out. And when she finally gets asked out, dude kills her. I was feeling nauseous eight minutes in. That's so me. Anyhoodles, this does seem like a good show. My pitiful life aside.

The Apprentice~

Oh, the self-absorption. I'd forgotton how much fun this show is to watch and laugh at, because it's always been up against CSI and that creates a Big Issue in my house. But they are so funny---business people who are so into themselves are a hoot. And you know how they touted this as so "international"??? Yeah. I counted two. One Briton and one Russian. Who the Donald was repeated referring to as "the Russian". I didn't thinkt hat was very nice.

And I love how nauseatingly loquacious they are...when you ask a normal person what the name of your company should be, they probably give you the answer. They don't spend ten minutes g0ing, "Okay, I'll tell you what I think. And then you can respond, okay? I think this is a good plan..."

And I was totally rooting for the lone unattractive guy there, but he's just annoying now. They can can his ass for all I care. Just make him shut the hell up.

CSI:Miami~

Oh, the best of them all. Nobody does crime drama like CSI. Just a brief rundown of this episode, because my fingers are tired and it's number 4 in the ratings- it doesn't need me. Delko's still a manwhore, Alexx left for like five minutes and then came back, Ryan may or may not be blind, but he certainly is using his supposed affliction to draw out the mole, who is totally Natalia, and Ryan and Calleigh were totally flirting at the end. It was disgusting.

And Colleen and I figured out the story twenty minutes in. I feel so smart.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh.....anonymous will always try to be dedicated and not let you down....:):):):) I always enjoy ready your blog....and find your TV blog to be very very informative!!!!! Now on to the business at hand....
1. Oh yes just toooooo many shows and never enough time....couldn't watch old Denny Crane tonight because I needed my Law and Order fix......
2. Yeah Drew won the dancing....I was very glad .....he looks like he still prefers his wife over his dancing partner!!!!!! Jerry Rice is a very famous football player who has been playing forever....I think he is a real gentleman and I am glad he came in just after Drew...I thought his dance partner was just tooooooooo cute.....:):)
3. CSI Miami....always good, but I can't see it every week so I am a bit confused about the mole...so you know who it is???? I was confused when what's his name with the eye problems was talking to the coroner after she got in trouble.....ok I am a bit slow sometimes:):):)
4. I appreciate your take on the Olympics....I just didn't get in to them this time around......
5. Can you believe I have never seen Grey's .....!!!!!
6. Oh you must give Cold Case another chance....it is a Jerry B...and it is great!!!!!
7. Keep up the good work....I love your blogs...you are very witty and informative....:):):)

rockford said...

Hey, i'll try again to comment even though, as you know, several of the shows you watch I need to "watch" by sitting on the sofa with my eyes closed and my head buried in some quilt...:) anyway--- I loved your take on the olympics and yes, four years off when you are your age is scary...I can understand that!!!!! It was a cool closing though.... and the apprentice---what can I say, if I wasn't so desperate for something to watch that does not upset somebody, I would not be too into it....I did, almost embarassed to say, get into the dancing with the stars and I am happy with the outcome - drew was relly really good and I think Jerry Rice is just a real gentleman...now I know the skating didn't make you list but I must comment that I was a tad disappointed the the cheating couple won - that poor wife- add insult to injury....your summaries on the others are really interesting--i just don't really understand though:) sorry!!!! Now, the barry manilow special and the oscars, those I will understand!!!!!

rockford said...

oh, and yes, I believe "crapload" is the measurement of choice for shows:)