Friday, February 03, 2006

CSI:NY- A Plethora of Revelations

Actually, I don't know what the term is for a bunch of revelations. But I like saying "plethora". It sounds okay, right??? Just a quick:

Side Note: I am a sucky blogger. I know that. But Lupé is back in the work-study program and has a ton of stuff to do, especially during her breaks. And now with three universities practically banging down my door and throwing schoarships at me (somehow, never enough though...) she has to think as well. I've watched a ton of great TV (last night's CSI) and a ton of sucky TV (Dancing/Skating with the stars/celebrities). I'm going to try to post more often. Promise!!!

Anyhoodles, CSI:NY has been new the last couple of weeks, which is awesome, but it's not going to be new next week. BOOOO!!!!!! *ahem* Moving on...This week we were treated to multiple character developments, some good, some bad, and some that made Imladris and I consider whether Anna Belknap ever saw that People's Sexiest Man Alive issue with Danny in a tank top. *shivers*

The first revelation of the evening came as Stella was at a party in a characteristically slutty (but rather pretty) dress staring at "art" of a naked woman (which she felt the need to explain to Mac later on in the show. I think this was unnecessary. I dont' think they let you graduate from CSI school without being able to recognize that, do you???). I say "art" because this really wasn't. I don't have a problem with nudes in art. They're great. All the good ones did it. This wasn't art.

So this guy comes up and gives her a drink and it turns out it's the elusive Frankie!!!! (Okay, I have to admit. I was on the phone with my grandfather at this point, and my conversation may have been slightly fractured as inside I was going "Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!" and then Imladris ran out of the den and actually did scream "Oh my gosh!!!!". Sorry Grandpa.) But I was happy that they didn't decide to throw out the Frankie story-line, because they really do need some romantic intrigue on that show. Apparently Danny's girlfriend has fizzled, too, because he was hitting on that subway girl last week, and other than the unseen Roller-Derby fan that Mac went out with, he doesn't have a relationship.

S0 they're flirting and then we go up to the roof and a couple doing things against a wall (this is CSI people, remember that...) are shot through with a bow and arrow. Of course, Stella is the consumate CSI and pulls herself away from Frankie and his charms and calls in the rest of the little CSI team. Who rush out and discover that the guy is still alive and the girl is dead. Of course. Because why would you kill a guy when you can instead have an entire hour of shots of a woman in her underwear without the censors all over your ass??? This storyline continues for a long time and I get a little bit bored, and I think the CSI's do too, because with the exception of getting to play with a new weapon, they look a little bit tired.

And Danny and Lindsay found a dead guy with glue on his face. And a suspicious, rude manager for a rock group next door called the Rough Sects. Another way to avoid the censors. Say it out loud and you'll get it. This story line was very unimportant except that it gave us the revelation that Danny has a creepy laugh. Seriously creepy. I was like, "What the hell was that???"

But Montana is showing up an awful lot on the other case, probably because Hawkes revelation is that he is now embracing his inner GQ boy and strutting around in big overwear, sunglasses, and hugely annoying pouty lips. I don't know why, but he just is. So Lindsay, who I always kind of liked because she was completely devoid of sexual energy, hangs out with the A cast and gets to shoot the bow and arrow and consequently Mac helps her out with a guitar, and they got very close to flirting.

*gasp* I am outraged. At least Aiden was only into Danny (who totally deserved her...)

Continuing on with the real story, turns out Injured Guy was a manwhore and a jealous ex-boyfriend of a fling shot them. Big whup. I'm mainly concerned with Why Hawkes is strutting around the lab like a frickin' peacock, Stella is acting like a twelve-year-old and taking personal calls on the job, and what the hell Newbie is doing at the shooting range with Mac.

Then, after this all gets wrapped up we still have five minute left. I am confused. They don't have enough time for another suspect, and goodness knows CSI is nothing if not succinct. Instead we find Newbie in a bar. With two beers. And Danny walks in.

*gasp* I almost fell off the couch.

But then they start watching the show, and it turns out Mac is a secret guitar guy. Playing onstage. Which is nice, because it would be sad if he just went home and sat with his beachball. This is possibly the biggest revelation of the night!!! Seriously, I was drained by the end of the hour.

The most notable exception to this otherwise terribly interesting episode was that Flack had absolutely no revelations of his own and barely two lines. Most of which were disgusting. Except for "Commenting, not condoning." That was funny. Seriously, somebody needs to give him lines. He was good enough for Friends- he's probably good enough for this!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I am soooooooooo glad that Law and Order was a rerun Wednesday night because I did what this show........way toooooooo good and I agree with everything you said!!!!:):):) I've told Grandpa he needs to check the tv listings before calling at night.......:):)